Monday, January 6, 2014

Food Lion

Well, I thought I'd be snow or iced in today, or at least frozen to the point of not being able to move. Nah. It was a balmy 25* when I got up this morning, and no ice or snow.

It was snow flurrying pretty good when we left, but there was nothing on the radar as far as moisture so I figured it wouldn't amount to anything.

I'm glad it was a much nicer day than expected, because I had pretty much forgotten all about the Food Lion Brand Sale I'd wanted to hit up.
The Brand Sale deal goes on for another week, through the 14th, but I don't know if the sale prices will continue into next week, and I really wanted to stock up on Canned Beans and Veggies for 25¢ a can.


I forget what reminded me about the sale, but once I was reminded I went and checked the message boards to see what kind of deals others were getting, to get some ideas.
I learned there was a $2 off a $5 Frozen Food purchase Food Lion coupon this week, which made the frozen burritos 5¢ each.

If I go back tomorrow (it's supposed to be a lot colder tomorrow so I'll decide if I make it tomorrow, tomorrow, when I feel the reality of 5*) they have their small frozen pizzas for 88¢, so the coupon makes them 30¢ after the deal.

Today I purchased:
44 Mixed Vegetables
34 Pinto Beans
22 Creamed Corn
10 Chili Beans
10 French Style Green Beans
40 Frozen Burritos

Total cost: $32.00 (net cost of 20¢ per item) + tax $1.00

No comments: