Friday, December 13, 2013

Walgreens

I've gotten so sorry about blogging even when I do make it shopping, I don't remember what I've been buying at Walgreens the past few times I went.

All I really recall is that I had $21.00 in RRs (Register Rewards) before Black Friday, and $24.00 in RR's after Black Friday.

I didn't go again after Black Friday, and my RRs were set to expire yesterday, 12/12 so it really was a "use it or lose it" situation. (My local) Wags are unforgiving. (Unlike my sister's Wags in Florida, who are nice, and cool, and helpful and friendly.)


Unfortunately I couldn't find anything to "roll" my RR's this week, and anyway with the Holidays and all I'm afraid I'll get busy or out of town and forget and end up letting my RRs expire, so I decided to go on ahead and cash out.
Hopefully I'll pick back up after the first of the year. Or I may be concentrating more on keeping my tail out of stores altogether after all the Christmas spending.

Walgreens has General Mills cereals on sale for $1.88 this week - not a bad price in of itself - I had $1/2 coupons, making them $1.38 each.

Angelsoft and Quilted Northern are on sale for $3.99/9 rolls, minus a 50¢ coupon in the Walgreens December booklet. The picture shows Angelsoft, but the print includes Quilted Northern also.
I had 45¢ off newspaper insert coupons, so these were $3.04 each after coupons.

*Not pictured, I forgot I also bought 2 boxes of Bisquick on sale this week 2/$3.00, and used 60¢ off IP coupons on each, making them 90¢ each. They are smaller boxes, but still worth less than a dollar.

Otherwise I bought several on sale candy items for stocking stuffers. I'm going to be buying them anyway, might as well buy them on sale, using money I need to spend anyhow.

Total before coupons/RRs = $26.34
Total after coupons/RRs = 48¢ + 1.23 = $1.71 cash

No comments: