Sunday, July 22, 2012

Food Lion

Food Lion has been having a Big Deal I wished I'd paid attention to a lot earlier than two days before the sale ends!  It's like a Mega Sale, where you buy a certain number of items, and get an amount off:
Buy 10 items, get $5 off
Buy 20 items, get $10 off
Buy 30 items, get $15 off
(Limit $15 per order)

There's also a $5/$30 FLip coupon you may or may not be able to use to make the deal even sweeter. (If you can get them to scan the coupon before they scan your MVP card.)
Well, these (4) Roll Angel Soft toilet paper, and Sparkle and Brawny single roll paper towels are on sale for $1.00 per package. If you buy 10, 20, or 30, you get half off, making them 50¢ each.
I went with the intention of buying 2/3 toilet paper, but sadly, they only had (7) packages left in the store. JML.

I got total (30) packages of toilet paper and paper towels, and was able to use my $5/$30 coupon.
Final Total $10.00 + 2.10 Tax = $12.10 (or about 40¢ each. Ohhhh how I wish that was all toilet paper!!!)

I had my son with me to also get toilet paper, but since they didn't have any, I didn't really want to spend another $10 (or $15) on more paper towels.
They have Old El Paso Taco, Burrito, and Fajita seasoning packages on sale for 79¢ (dang, I should have scouted out to see if they had any chili seasoning. Didn't think about it.)
After the Big Deal, they're 29¢ which is a great price for Taco seasoning.

By the time we got (30) packages of Taco seasoning, we were at $23.70 (before Big Deal sale). I figured we're "that close" to $30.00, might as well get $6.30 more of something and get $5 of it free with the coupon. So I got a 5lb bag of potatoes on sale for $2.99, and a package of Mark-down boneless pork chops for $3.68.

Dummy, Jr...er, I mean my son, didn't even give his cashier the coupon! He said he forgot, he was still stuck on us not being to use it because they were out of toilet paper...or some such thing. Sigh.

Final Total $15.37 + 46¢ Tax = $15.83


No comments: