Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Food Lion

I took my Food Lion coupons along with me over the weekend, thinking there were more Food Lion stores up towards my Mom's. The Taco Bell Catalina deal was ending Sunday and - crazy as it was - I wanted to be able to do it a few more times and stock up on ground beef and cube steak.

Turned out there was ONE Food Lion between here and there, in Ellijay, and I missed it on the way up because it's sits back off the road and you can't see it if you're not looking for it.
Mom told me where it was, but I was sure it'd be closed on Easter day, when we were headed back home. It was open, though, so I ran in for one last deal.

I got the same two boxes of Taco Bell 12 ct. hard shells as last time, which gave me a $3.00 OYNO...this time I got a $1.00 OYNO for the exact same things!
Oh well, I'm not complaining too much, it meant I got 2 taco dinner kits with 24 shells and a package of cube steak for less than $3.00.

Also did a $5/5 deal, getting 4 packs of shredded cheddar and a box of Crystal Light drink mixes.
The cheese was $2.50 each, or $10.00 for 4 packs. I used (2) BOGO blinkie coupons, taking off $5.00 and then $4.00 came off of the $5/5 deal, leaving $1.00 cost for 4 packs of cheese.
The Crystal light was $3.00, minus a $1.00 MQ, and $1.00 for the $5/5 deal, leaving $1.00 cost.
So the total for 4 packs of cheese and a box of Crystal light was $2.00.

The dogfood is 10/$6.00; I got 5 free with a $3/5 MQ.

Used a $3.00 OYNO from my last purchase.

Value of items $24.69
Spent $2.79 + .63 tax = $3.42 oop
Rec'd $1.00 OYNO = $2.42


My Mom also gave me a recipe that she tore out of the Ingles sale paper, that was advertising Taco Bell Home Originals, that goes very well with our Taco Bell dinner kits this past week.

Cheesy Enchaladas

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz) Philly cream cheese
1 pkg. (8 oz) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Sliced Green Onions (optional)
6 Flour Tortillas
1 cup Salsa

Directions:
Preheat over to 350*

Beat Cream Cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
Add 1 cup Cheddar Cheese and Onions, mis until well blended.

Spread 1/4 of of the cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Place seams side down in 11x7-inch baking dish.

Pour Salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar Cheese.

Cover with foil; Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

No comments: