Monday, December 29, 2014

Scrabble Tile Ornaments

I visited the Garage Sale thrift store, Half-off Sale again last week.
I didn't really want to, but I was hoping the Vintage glass Christmas Tree Toppers that I'd passed over two weeks ago might still be there (they weren't, natch).

I didn't buy much, a baggie of Cookie cutters.

I saw this bin full of Playmobil toys, marked $5.00, so on sale for $2.50, but I talked myself out of buying it.
Even though I love Playmobil as much as I love Lego.
Even though Playmobil toys are about as expensive as Lego.


But then I took my son on home and dropped him off, and on my way back, I couldn't stand it, I had to stop back in and get them (if they were still there).

What I didn't know until I brought it home and started digging through it was there was some other odd 'n ends toys in the bin, too.

Including a handful of Scrabble tiles.


Awhile back I had bought a couple of Scrabble games at a thrift store for 50¢ each to make ornaments out of, but hadn't gotten around to doing it yet.

While I had these right here, and my Christmas ribbons and such at hand, I went ahead and figured out what I could spell with them.

I tried to do the Family one, with our last name and first names intertwined, but was missing a few letters, so these were what I was able to come up with, with what I had:


I did some embellishing, but I'm not sure I really like them. I may end up re-doing them. Pretty sure the "Santa" one needs a Santa Hat, instead of the...whatever it is...part of a ribbon, hanging from it.

The others, I'm "Meh" about, but don't really have any other ideas.





They were colorful on my silver Tinsel tree, though.


No comments: