Friday, October 28, 2011

Walgreens


Nothing like last year's great candy deals, but I was going to buy candy anyway so I consider it lucky to have gotten this deal.

This week Wags has snack/fun sized Hershey's, Mars, and Nestle candy on sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon (regularly priced $2.99).

Yesterday I went in a Walgreens where my son was participating in a Cross Country meet, and they were practically cleaned out of candy. I got a bag of Health and Reese's PB cups. So today I went to the new store where I have been having pretty good luck, apparently not too many coupon/deal shoppers shop there (yet).

They had this Theramax Cold Nasal Spray stuff for $7.99, free after RR, which I got since I was planning to spend at least $8.00 anyway on the candy.
Paid $8.55, and got back $8.00 RR (Sort of a waste of .55, since we probably won't use this, but oh well.)

$2.99 Candy x 9
-9.00 in-ad coupon
-6.00 $1/1 Hershey's IP 
-1.50/3 (insert? q) (A nice lady shopping at the same time, not knowing I had $1/1 coupons in my pocket, offered me this coupon and I didn't want to reject her niceness, so I accepted the coupon gratefully and bought three more bags of candy. Can't have too much candy, I always say!)
= $10.41 + tax

Averaged out to about $1.15 a bag, which I was happy with.

I see now there was a better deal at CVS. Why didn't I know that? There were (5) CVS stores where I was at yesterday. Not to mention I still have ECBs to spend/roll.  Argh.

No comments: