Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Drop Cloth Curtains

Wow, it got cold last night. And didn't warm up much today. Our temps dropped into the 20's last night, with Wind Chills in the teens. Our high all day was only 34*.
I am not a cold-weather person, so most of my big plans for getting some stuff done today didn't fly because I couldn't seem to get more than an inch away from my little ceramic heater.

Since my heater is under my desk, and my coupons are beside my desk, I sat in the floor and organized coupons; culling out the expireds and filing the loose ones (clipped, tearpads, blinkies, etc.) in alphabetical order, and got my Store Envelopes cleaned out of old stuff.

Later, when I had to go pick up my kid from school, I stopped in at a local discount store that has these painter's drop cloths for $2.69.
I bought some Dark Brown dye, and am going to try to make some curtains for my livingroom.


I saw this idea awhile back about using the drop cloths as outdoor curtains. At another site I can no longer locate someone had used stencils to customize the curtains. After finding the cloths so cheap, I thought I'd give it a try dying them and making curtains for my livingroom. If it doesn't turn out like I want for in there, I can always hang them on my back porch.

No comments: