Saturday, September 17, 2011

Walmart


While digging through a bag of coupons (at one point, while cleaning up some stuff, I just tossed them all in a bag, promising myself to sort them later) I found a whole lot of $1.00 off Reach Floss coupons, coming up for expiration 9/30.
Walmart has Reach floss for .88 each, allowing .12 overage.
Some other stores have floss around .99, but in that case I actually have to pay a few cents tax for them, which I don't want to do. I just want to be able to use and not waste the coupons, and it not cost me anything since I'll be giving them away (I already have a lifetime supply of floss for us).

In order to not clear shelves or cause dissension, I shop different Walmart stores, or the same store on different days, only buying 10 assorted flavors at a time.
My husband had to go to the doctor in a different town yesterday morning and we were running a little early and stopped into the WM up there.  I picked up 10 there, and also the .97 pack of Cascade, using the $1.00 Cascade from the 8/28 P&G.
I bought the Zebra Cakes for my kid using the overage from the floss, but after tax, I ended up spending $1.23 anyway.
Which I paid with a Gift Card I had gotten from doing a newspaper deal on the AJC awhile back.

On the way back home we stopped in the local Walmart for his prescription and I got 10 more.
At the same time, he bought a Sight for his Bow, so I let my overage count against that and save him a dollar.

While digging through the same bag of coupons, I had also found a stack of Free Redbox Rental codes I had gotten from buying Orville popcorn at Kroger some time back.  At the same time I had also gotten a lot of catalina coupons with free codes and used those first, and, I guess, kinda forgot about these.
I have/had 48 of them, expiring 9/30.  We've been renting 2 a day, but even so I'm still going to end up with 20 or so I probably won't be able to use, so I'm probably going to have to start giving them away.

Last night my husband pulled an all-night shift on the ambulance, so when he came home today he was pretty tired.  We worked a little bit in the garden, getting it ready to plant the cabbage and collards, but then he needed a nap, so I decided to go for a drive, do a little shopping.

On the way out of town to the shopping places, I stopped in at WM to return yesterday's movies and rent two more, and while I was there, picked up 10 more floss and nothing else.
They paid me .58 cents.

2 comments:

Earthy Mama said...

I;ve been loving WalMart lately. I ordered a whole slew of those $2/1 Crest q's and each one gives me $1.03 overage on the travel size... of course you can only buy 4 at a time, but $4 overage each time I run in... I get a loaf of bread and a carton of eggs or something I need, and only pay tax. :) Of course 50% of the time I end up having to have THE discussion (like this morning. Sigh). How long has this policy been in effect? Shouldn't they all know it by now? but once the Supervisor comes over they always clear it right up. At this rate, I'm going to have all the cashiers trained on the "new" policy all on my own.

Miss talking to you!!!

Looking forward to MM Cat food at Publix this week- I'm making my trip down tomorrow and praying they got my special order in to go with my order of 60 coupons. ;)

Melissa said...

I totally need to pay more attention to coupons that give overage at WM like that. I'm not liking having to pay for bread and eggs and milk and stuff.

I'm still having a hard time getting back into the swing of things...seems like I only care about coupons when I'm needing something from the store. Otherwise I don't go buy papers, or read message boards to find out what good deals I'm missing out on.

I totally need cat food, too. Maybe I'll collect RCs next week, and order q's after the sale is over so they'll hopefully be cheaper. Q's are usually priced high when there's a MM.