Saturday, January 4, 2014

End of Week Summary 1/04

J earned a $50.00 Christmas bonus at work...which they taxed, so it ended up being $46.17. Oh well, it's like a free tank of gas!
Or, almost. He filled up for $46.84 on Thursday.

He also spent $5.34 eating out once while at work,
and $17.16 at the grocery store this morning.

All those are household expenses, and I probably won't be keeping up with the details of that here in the future.

Dave Ramsey's Baby Step #1, having $1,000 in Emergency Fund, complete.
Hope to be able to work on #2 next week when J gets paid.

As far as my own expense report, as posted earlier in the week, I earned $25.00 cash/Paypal, (2) $5 CVS e-gift cards, and $5 Amazon e-gift card from cashing in my Swagbucks.

If I remember rightly, I was left with 31 or 39 Swagbucks left in my account on Wednesday.
Since I figured out about loading the Swagbucks TV app on my phone and my Kindle and running it during the day or while I'm sleeping, I've been able to meet my Daily Goals everyday by answering a couple surveys, playing some games, watching some more videos, signing up for free somethings, and searching.
Not all of that all the time, I usually only have to do a couple or a few of the things to reach my goal.
It's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

Today I am already at 453 bucks and could get another $5 Amazon e-gift card.

I was at $17.74 at Inbox Dollars on Wednesday, now at $19.75.
However, that was going back and clicking a lot of emails at about 2¢ each that I had ignored previously. I didn't do any surveys, play games, or other offers. Had other stuff to do.

$1.00 in my 2014 Money Challenge.

Spent $15.00 buying (10) newspapers for the coupon inserts this week.
It's a good coupon week, with (5) inserts. I plan to get my money's worth back out of them.

Spent...well, $5.00 on a DIY project. It was actually $2.98 + tax, but I gave J $5.00 and the remainder went into our change jar.

I also earned 28¢ eBay bucks, but I don't think I'd find anything for 28¢, and I'm not looking for anything at the moment that I'd be buying anyway, so I'll probably let them keep it, as opposed to spending on something just for the sake of being able to use it.

Other than that, I had set myself several goals around the house this week. I didn't get them all done, but I did some things that weren't on my (mental) to-do list, so I'm calling it a success.
Especially considering how cold it is/has been lately. Usually if I'm cold I wrap up in my heated throw and read books all day and worry about house work come Spring.
After these next couple of days, it may come to that anyway.
Coldest temps since 1986, they're saying. Single digit temps, negative Wind Chill, possible snow.
Being a deep Southerner, I get cold at 50*, and 40* is like Ice Age to me.


No comments: