Monday, May 17, 2010

Publix

Attention: Free Cat Food Deal in Land of Doubles:
The Whiskas Trays are .49 each regular price.
In the 3/28 RP is a BOGO coupon.
Buy (2), and when the cashier enters .49 for the price, since it is below .50, the amount will double, making both trays FREE!!
*At my Publix today there was a Blinkie hanging right there for .55/3 trays Whiskas, so I bought (6), got them all free with the BOGO coupons, and also got .55 overage.
(Deal found at IHeartPublix)
I needed some things from the store this week (Burritos and Nesquik and ground beef), so all I needed was some things to get me up to $20.00 amount so I could use a Rite Aid $5/$20 coupon. I actually went up over $40.00 on the first shop.

The crazy lady cussing herself another blue streak was me when I realized I was carrying RA q's that had expired 4/30. Argh! That's totally like wasting 5 bucks!!

In the end I spent $4.03 on my first transaction. Not bad for a nearly $5.00 thing of Nesquik, nearly $4.00 package of Burritos, plus cat food, lightbulbs, Ritz Pretzel crackers, Fisher snacks, a carb bar, and sardines...but still not as great as being able to use the 5-off'er, either. That's what happens when you get out of shape!

The 2nd trans I hadn't even planned on doing. I had decided after last time to boycott the Publix with the Evil Manager, but I still needed ground beef, and didn't want to pay for it, and last time this store did still accept Walgreens RRs. I had a $5.00 RR, and with the other overage I got, I was able to buy (3) packages of ground beef.
Total spent on trans 2 was $0.45!!

Besides the cat food deal, which I got .55 overage for every (3) trays, other deals were:
$0.80 McCormick Grill Mates Marinades
-1.00 (.50 MQ doubled) 4/18 RP
= +.20 overage each
(I found some on clearance for .70 at one store)

$2.15 GE Reveal 10 watt bulbs
-1.00 MQ 4/18 SS
-2.00 TQ
= +.85 overage each

$1.00 Fisher Snacks
-1.00 MQ 2/7 SS, 2/28 SS, 1/10 SS, 12/13 SS, 12/06 SS
= FREE (Good for getting total up to $20 if you can use a $5/$20 Rite Aid Q)

$1.55/1.54 Ritz Crackers
-1.00 MQ 3/28 or 3/14 SS
-1.55 B3G1 TQ
= .63/4

They also have Ronzoni Pasta on sale .79, but I fergot my Food Lion envie, which is where I had stuck my Ronzoni blinkie q's during their last sale.
Those are .50, so will double to 1.00, for .21 overage.

No Schick Hydro in stock.

2 comments:

csavings said...

My publix use to take the 5/20 but sadly no more.
Glad that some stores are taking them!

Melissa said...

Keep checking back, Christa, because this store got a new Manager and he started taking them. I guess he had to do something to get the customers back that the old %&*#$! Manager ran off with his hateful ways.