Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Used Book Store

I have a reading/book addiction, so I used to buy books at Walmart when I did my grocery shopping, books being as vital to my survival as food. I didn't use the library because I wanted to own and keep all the books. I kept the books in boxes and containers, with plans to one day have my own in-home library.

And then, one day, I saw pictures of other book addicts who already had their own in-home library room. It looked like a used book store, and I didn't like it.

So I picked a few of my more favorite authors/books to keep - which was about a quarter, or less, of all the books I had - and then carried alot of the others to the Used Book Store. (I still have alot more still to take, but didn't want to overwhelm the Store.)

The first load I took to trade in I earned $144.72 worth of Store Credit to be able to buy more books in the store.
I already went through that.

One of my favorite authors is Johanna Lindsey. She was actually the first Romance writer I read. I used to be a Romance snob, and would only read Horror.
I have a large of stack of books I haven't read, but I'm really kinda disappointed in modern romance novels, so they weren't interesting me lately.
It's been so many years since I read the older Johanna Lindsey books, I decided last week to read them again.

When I went upstairs to my bookshelf to look for the books I wanted, I discovered some of the ones I thought I had, not there. I can't imagine where they've gone to.
Anyway, I made a list of the ones I was missing, packed a couple more bags of tradables, and headed to the UBS.
This time I got a $44.00 credit, and bought $35.00 worth of books.

I've read 9 books in 6 days so far.

No comments: