Friday, June 17, 2011

Kroger

The Kellogg's cereals are included in the Mini-Mega sale this week: Buy (5) Save $5.00. That made all these cereals cost $1.99 each after savings.

When I put the deal together (early this, or late last week) I only had Raisin Bran and Rice Krispies coupons, so when I checked the list of participating cereals for the $10 Gas Rewards Card and found they were on it, I didn't bother remembering the other cereals on the list.
Bad, bad, BAD deal-shopper!

When I got to the store and found the Rice Krispies were more than $1.99, and saw some $1.00/2 peelies off ANY Kellogg's cereals, I got Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes instead.
I also noticed a couple of my Raisin Bran coupons were also for Frosted Mini-Wheats, so I got three boxes of each, instead of six boxes of RB.

Turned out the Frosted Flakes and Frosted Mini-Wheats are NOT on the list.

Luckily the form just says to send UPCs (no receipt required) and I had five boxes of Rice Krispies in my Stockpile. So I recovered this time, but from here on out (this deal goes through December, and you can get up to 5 cards), I have to pay better attention because I don't have any more qualifying cereal in my Stockpile.

$15.10 paid after sale, coupons, and including tax
-10.00 $10 Gas Rewards Card
-  5.00 $5 Gas Card from entering 4 codes from the specially marked Cars boxes
= .10 final cost

One Cent per Box of Cereal!

No comments: