Monday, May 16, 2011

CVS

I had let all my ECB's expire, and didn't really care. Until after the fact, that is. Hate when I do that, when I think, gah, if I didn't want to mess with them all I had to do was go spend them.
Some of the stores I shop will take expireds so I figured, what the heck, I'll stop in and ask, all they can say is no and I'm not any worse off, right.

First store didn't say no, so I was able to spend all of them. Second store would only take the ones that had expired within the past week. So I still lost about half of them (unless I call tomorrow and see if I can them re-issued), but anyway, it was better than just losing them all.

I got the Dial soap because it was cheap after $1.00 ECB, and I found the Aquafresh/Sensodyne/Biotene coupon booklets so I got a couple of the Aquafresh to get back $2.00 ECB, same with the Speed Stick deo. The John Frieda hair color was free with a coupon I got in the snail-mail last week, so was a $2.00 mm after ECB.
The rest I just spent.

Free Makeup:
Physicians Formula Bronzers, Powders, Blush, and Concealers (but not the $5.99 ones) are on sale for $6.00 off. 
I found some Bamboo wear, I think it's face powder, for 10.99, so 4.99 on sale, free with $5.00 pdf q (adjusted down). 
There was some $8.99 concealers and $7.99 concealors which were 2.99 and 1.99 on sale. Combine a 2.99 and 1.99 for 4.98, free after $5.00 q (adjusted down).

You can combine more expensive items with the cheaper concealers, for instance I found a Happy Booster something or other for 12.49, or 6.49 on sale, and a couple of the 1.99 concealers and used 2 of the coupons.  You can get a $13.99 item, on sale for 7.99 and a 1.99 concealer and use 2 coupons (adjusted down).

No comments: