Monday, November 9, 2009

Walgreens


I wasn't ready for a Wags shop today, but had the coupons for Lubriderm and Cold Medicene deals. I stopped in a Wags I don't usually shop at, but figured I could look for the coupon books anyway.

The Brach's candy was priced .70, and clearanced 50% off that, so .35 each. I love these kind of candies, so bought 5 bags as fillers to be able to use 5 RRs.
They only had 3 bottles of the Lubriderm lotion.

Cold medicene deal:
Buy $20 worth of select Benadryl, Tylenol, Zyrtec Allergy Relief, Children’s Zyrtec and Sudafed PE or DM=$10RR
Buy 3 boxes of Tylenol Cold 20-24 ct. $4.99 each=$14.97
Buy 1 box of Sudafed PE $5.99
Total=$20.96

Use three $2/1 Tylenol Cold coupons from here
Use one $2/1 Sudafed PE coupon from the 9/13RP
Or use the $2/1 Sudafed coupon from the ABC coupon booklet
Plus, use the $1/1 Tylenol Walgreens coupon from the Healthy Savings Booklet (Will deduct $3 since you're purchasing three)

Pay $9.96
Get back a $10RR

Final cost all FREE!

I had also found the $1.00 peelies on the Ocean Spray Cranberry juice, on sale for $1.99. Coupled with the $1.00 Wags q from the November coupon book, should have been free.
But, apparently the Wags coupon is only for a certain kind: Pomegranite or 100% Juice Cranberry Cocktail. I had Cranberry Juice Cocktail - I thought all Ocean Spray was 100% Juice.

Anyway, I gave all my manu. coupons first, then my RRs, and last my Ocean Spray and Tylenol Wags coupons.  Everything went through fine, until the Ocean Spray Wags coupon. Beep! Beep! Beep!
The cashier called for help, and the Leader person that came (had NO idea what she was doing) said that it was because they had to scan the Wags coupons first.  She messed with the register, and somehow added $1.00 onto my total, then decided to void the whole transaction and start over.
So she rerang everything, took off the Wags coupons first, then the rest. And of course my Tylenol and Ocean Spray coupons beeped because now there was overage involved. She didn't know that, though.

They decided I had gotten the wrong Ocean Spray, so went and got another kind. Coupon still beeped. Looked at the coupon, and come to find out it wasn't even for Ocean Spray Juice, but for fresh cranberries or craisins.  I had no idea (but the coupon did work on the juice, before the Wags coupon).

I just had them take the juice off altogether, and they had a Manager come over and override and enter the Tylenol coupons manually.

I spent $11.00 RRs and .71 + 1.53 tax = $2.24oop
Received $10.00 RR
Total cost $3.24

2 comments:

Earthy Mama said...

For the Lubriderm, you need 3 bottles for the deal to work. :)

Melissa said...

Oops, I meant they only had 2.