Monday, November 29, 2010

Cyber Monday

I missed Black Friday....as in, I wasn't home, not that I *missed* it... so I got to shop Cyber Monday from the comfort of my warm, dry house. (It's a chilly, rainy, grey, nasty kind of day around here.)

So I figured I'd buy the boys a PS3 this year, for lack of any better ideas. I know exactly nothing about these things, so had to research.
Long story short, I still don't know much about them, but hopefully I got a fair deal on what I got.

Checked Slickdeals Hot Deals first, and saw a Black Friday deal at Amazon was still in effect, it was a 160GB console with (2) games and (1) Blu-Ray movie PLUS a $25.00 video game credit, for $299.
Since I had already been checking Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc, this was the best deal I had seen so far.

But then I wondered if 160GB was enough space, and I knew they wouldn't really care for either of the games or the movie included.
So I saw this 320GB console Move starter bundle for $399.00.  The Move for the PS3, if I understand correctly, makes it interactive like a Wii.  It comes with a Sports Championships game which includes games like Gladiator Duel, Archery, ping pong, volleyball, disc golf, and Bocce.

PlayStation 3 320GB System with PlayStation Move BundleMOVE Champions Pack

The Sports Champions Bundle by itself cost $99.99, so I figured if I paid $299 for a 160GB console, and another $100 for the Move bundle, that's $400, so if I'm going to spend that anyway, might as well go ahead and get the 320GB one. 
Yeah I didn't get the (2) games, the Blu-Ray movie, or the $25 video game credit, but only the $25 credit would have been any good, the games and movies would just have pretty much been a waste.

The MOVE Champions Pack was on sale for $19.99....Dang, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I should have gotten (2) sets, so they can duel and ping pong each other?

Also pre-ordered a Battle Rifle for shooting games, which would be for Ryan. He wants to be a Sniper (or assassin, which ever he can get into, lol).
Just need to find a game to go with it.

PS3 Move Battle Rifle

Also had to order an extra game Controller and a Blu-Ray remote (that's how they sell these bundles cheaper, they don't include anything, then charge out the nose for the accessories you have to have or your system won't work!).
Tired to order an extra MOVE motion controller, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere. Maybe like when he had to wait to get Wii accessories after Christmas, whatever year that was those came out.
 
PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless ControllerSony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote

No comments: