Sunday, January 9, 2011

Walgreens

Believe it or not, I went in Walgreens today with the intentions of spending, spending, spending RRs. I ended up with a good many RRs last week and I don't want to lose control of them again. I figured if I spend at least my profit, and roll the rest, I should be able to manage them better.

I don't have the exact figures yet, but I know I spent a $5.00 RR plus a little bit cash....like .68 cents or something?...and got a $5.00 RR back. Now had I been *trying* to do that, it wouldn't have worked out in a million years!

I knew I wanted eggs, on sale for .99, and Wags bleach also .99, and some of those 40th Anniversary UNO cards also .99. I also wanted the 2-ltr. Wags sodas, my kids love Wags Refreshing Cola and Root Beer, but the only ones they had were Lemon-Lime and Grape. Since I have a Food Lion brand Sprite and a Grape Soda, plus a Fanta Grape in the fridge, that I've had forever and are probably not even any good anymore, those were *the* two flavors I wasn't about to buy anymore of.

But then I had "Check out Reach" written on my notes, and I did, and with my BOGO Q, and $2.00 tearpad Q, and the $2.00 IVC Q, there was overage, and really, how can you pass up on overage? That's like flushing money!

And then I passed the Loreal and saw all the orange stickers and remembered Brandy's post about the lip gloss or lip stick. I found lipstick for $2.79 each and got (6) for a total of $16.74 (You have to buy $15.00 or more). I used (3) $5.00/2 q's from last weeks paper, and after *alot* of discussion about whether lip stick was a face product, I paid $1.74, and got a $5.00 RR back.

ETA:
$6.50 RRs Used
$1.02 + .69 tax = $1.71 oop
$10.00 RRs Rec'd
Final Total $1.79 profit
Total savings $176.09

No comments: