Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Walgreens (Tuesday)

I wasn't even going to stop in this Walgreens; I was going to drive right on by and wait and go to my good Walgreens later in the week. I've had a little trouble at this Wags, not too much, but enough that I was concerned about them insisting that they'd have to have my Listerine coupon out of the kids activity book, instead of just scannning and letting me keep it.

I said oh well, I'll go in and see if they have any of the free toothbrushes - I know my usual Walgreens won't. They didn't.

In the Clearance section I came across 2 bottles of the children's Zyrtec I needed to make my Listerine/Folgers deal a good one, so I couldn't not give it a try. I would just have to argue that they couldn't have my coupon (I didn't cut it out, and just carry the whole page of coupons in my envelope.)

I got the Listerine and the Folgers, then I needed 2 items without coupons to be able to use 2 RRs, and I needed them to add up to about $2.00. They had some Halloween candies on sale for .99 a bag with in-ad coupon that worked out good (Wags coupons don't count towards number of items, if used last I think).

So I checked out and gave her my manu. coupons and then my RRs, and then I pulled my sheet of activity book coupons out of my envelope and said oh I need you to scan my Listerine coupon, and opened my sale paper for the candy coupon. She just typed the coupon numbers into the register without any trouble or argument at all. Good girl!

$4.00 Listerine Cool Blue
$4.00 Listerine Cool Blue
$3.29 Children's Zyrtec
$3.29 Children's Zyrtec
$2.50 Folgers
$2.50 Folgers
$ .99 Brachs candy (filler)
$ .99 Brachs candy (filler)
=$21.56
-3.00 Zyrtec IP
-3.00 Zyrtec IP
-4.00 Listerine BOGO q
-1.00 Listerine
-2.00 Wags Activity Book Q
- .25 Folgers
- .25 Folgers
=$8.06
-4.00 RR Softsoap
-4.00 RR Softsoap
=$.06 + 1.09 tax = $1.15

RRs: $5.00 Zyrtec, $3.00 Listerine, $1.00 Folgers
=$0.15 oop

No comments: