Monday, February 1, 2010

Ye Olde Publix

I found the neatest Blog tonight, called "Pleasant Family Shopping, A nostalgic look back at supermarkets, discount stores and more from the past".

I was born in 1967, so I remember (some) things from as far back as the early 70's; tv, ads, products, stores, etc.
I am terribly nostalgic (noun - a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time), and have had the best time tonight reading and looking at all the neat pictures of alot of the old stores I remember.

The link to the Blog above leads to all the Posts and Pictures on the blog relating to Publix. There is some interesting reading, but alot of fantastic pictures that I really enjoyed looking at, such as this Publix Ice Cream Shoppe:
Check out some of the other stores, too...I didn't know Walgreens was open since back in the 1960's.

No comments: