Monday, October 19, 2009

CVS

I was playing the same game at CVS as Walgreens, rolling my Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) into more ECBs. But CVS isn't my favorite store, and I think I just don't put much effort into finding deals to roll my ECBs on every week. At any rate, I have a terrible time with my ECBs expiring, and the stores giving me such a hard time about accepting them even a day or two later. I've heard "Well, they're reeeeally cracking down on us" until I could puke. I tell them to ask their Manager, and the Manager always says it's okay, so I don't know what's with the big ordeal every.single.time.

I had a total of $88.47 ECBs I needed to get down to a manageable amount. I blew some on Cokes, and otherwise did the "Buy $25 P&G Products and get $10.00 off Transformers DVD" deal. Later I will go back and spend $9.99 for the rest of the movie.

For the P&G deal I bought (3) Herbal Essence shampoo at $3.00 each, and used $1.00 MQs on each. Then I bought (3) HE Stylers: mousse/gel/hairspray at $3.00 each, and used the "Buy Shampoo and Get Styler Free" MQ on each. And then the 8-roll Bounty for $7.00, and used a .25 MQ. Total=$15.25

Not a great deal, but using my "rolled up" ECBs, it only cost me tax, and I have a Christmas gift for my oldest son.

No comments: