Saturday, October 31, 2009

Publix

I had a great Publix shopping day today!

(Two transactions)
I had seen the little Spongebob Halloween buckets when I was in on Thursday, but didn't have the coupons I needed for the cereal, so I was hoping they still had them when I went back today, and they did! Yay, I am such a sucker for Promo stuff...and especially when it doesn't cost me anything.

The Frosted Flakes cereal was priced $1.99 each...I'm not sure if it's an Essential Item this month, or just this one store...some of the boxes had $3.00/3 peelie coupons on them, and I was able to use $1.00/1 Kellogg's Cereal Target coupons to make the cereal free + .01 overage on each box.
Then the deal with the little buckets were Free wyb 3 Kellogg's Products.

So, 12 boxes Frosted Flakes and 4 Halloween buckets = FREE.

Another thing I was looking for was the Frankenberry cereal. I had seen it a few times before while shopping, but then it would move or disappear, and I'd end up forgetting I was wanting it.  But I saw it Thursday, a whole endcap full, marked $1.99 each, and this time I remembered. I went armed with my $1.00/2 MQ, $1.00/2 Target Q, and $4.00/4 Publix in-ad Q, prepared to pay .50 a box for 4 boxes.

But then I got there and there was no Frankenberry in sight! Oh no! I knew they hadn't sold it all in 2 days, so when I looked around and couldn't find it anywhere else, I asked someone where it went, hoping they could find me some out of the back.
Turned out they had moved it to the Discounted Rack (I had looked there but somehow hadn't seen it), and now it was marked 2/$1.99!

I had only brought enough MQ and TQs for 4 boxes, so with the PQ, I ended up getting $2.00 overage on the first four boxes.  Then I just got the other 8 boxes free using the PQ.

In case you lost count, that's 24 boxes of cereal = FREE! Woo-hoo!

I also got 8 Totino's Pizzas free using $1.00/4 MQ and $4.00/4 PQ.

$1.47 Old El Paso Refried Beans x 4
$1.07 Taco Seasoning
-.60/2 OEP IP Q
-.60/2 OEP IP Q
-1.07 Free Season wyb 2 OEP products
-1.07 " " " "
-4.00/4 PQ
= .68

$3.19 Glade 2oz Soy Candles x 6
-3.00 MQ (Better at Home?) x 3
-3.19 BOGO IP Q Right at Home x 3
=  .57
*Will submit for $5.00 SC Johnson Rebate

$5.99 Nesquik Powder (usually over $7.00, so this was a good price)
$2.59 Milk

MMs:
$1.39 Bear Naked Bars
-2.00 IP Q

.99 Schick Disposable 2pk
-2.00 MQ

Value Before Coupons: $100.03
Total Spent: $0.12 + 2.33 tax = $2.45 from Gift Card

No comments: