Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rite Aids

I visited some new-to-me Rite Aid stores today. The first one, across the road from the Publix I shopped today, I had been in before, but can't quite remember my experience there. It either went well, or they didn't have what I was looking for.
Whichever, it went well today. They had the items I needed for my plan, and the cashier and Manager were both very nice and helpful.

I did the Scott deal:
$4.49 Scalpicin Medicated Wipes
$1.99 SuperPoligrip .075oz
$7.49 Scott Paper Towels
$7.49 Scott Toilet Paper
$1.00 Hershey candy bar x 2
$ .88 M&M Peanut
$ .00 M&M Peanut (BOGO)
$ .88 Three Musketeers
$ .00 Three Musketeers (BOGO)
$ .88 Snickers
$ .00 Snickers (BOGO)
= $26.10

Coupons:
-5.00/$20 RAQ
-1.00 Scalpicin
-1.99 Poligrip Free MQ
-1.00 Hershey MQ
-1.00 Hershey MQ
-1.00 Scott MQ
-2.00 Scott RAQ
-1.00 Scott MQ
-2.00 Scott RAQ
- .88 Free Chocolate Friday MQ
- .88 Free Chocolate Friday MQ
- .88 Free Chocolate Friday MQ

$7.47 + 1.08 tax = $8.55 (Paid w/Staples Rebate card)

SCR: $4.49 Scalpicin, $2.00 Scott
Rebate: Scott $2.00

Final Total: $0.06

The next Rite Aid I visited I hadn't been in before and didn't know what to expect. I wanted to do the Bandaid deal here, but didn't know if the store was couponer-friendly.
As I was standing there looking at the bandaids, considering, a couple of store employees were on the same aisle doing some stocking. One was kindly fussing, not hatefully, about something having been changed. The other employee went off to do something else and the one was kneeled by the shelves organizing stock. So I asked, kind of wondering aloud, if she thought I'd have trouble buying 13 boxes of Bandaids.
She asked what I meant, and I said, Will they holler at me?
NO! she hollered, standing up. She said to buy all I wanted, she had plenty. (Yet there was only 2-3 boxes of each on the shelves, which I thought proved my point about the Synovium last week).
She asked was I looking for Rite Aid brand, and I said no, I had coupons for Band Aid. She said as long as it didn't go less than free it was okay. I said no, it's not less than free. I said, it's $2.00, though. She said that's fine.
And then she turned, or I looked, or something, but it was only then I saw her name tag and realized she was the Store Manager.

OMG! A Store Manager that actually wanted to make sales! Do-Do-Do-Do...You Are Now Entering The Twilight Zone....

$2.00 Bandaids x 13
$1.00 Hershey candy bar x 2
$0.88 Reese's x2
$0.00 Reese's x2 (BOGO)
= $29.76

Coupons:
-5.00/$20 RAQ
-3.00/2 J&J 1st Aid MQ x 6
-1.00 J&J MQ
-1.00 Hershey MQ x 2
- .88 Reese's BOGO MQ x 2

$2.00 + 1.58 tax = $3.58 (Paid with Rite Aid Gift Card Dist. Manager sent me)

SCR: $10.00 J&J

Final Total: $6.42 profit

The last Rite Aid I visited was allright. Cashier wasn't overly friendly and used a magnifier to read the coupons. But she didn't give me any trouble about using them, even the RAQ's and MQ's together.
I did the Scott deal again.
$24.34 Before coupons

$7.56 + 1.24 tax = $8.80 (Paid with Staples Rebate Card and Rite Aid Gift Card)

SCR: $4.49 Scalpicin, $2.00 Scott
Rebate: Scott $2.00

Final Total: $0.31

3 comments:

Earthy Mama said...

Tell me about the hersheys- are the large bars on sale for $1? I jus realized this is the week I have AJCs that you sent me so I DO have those q's. :)

Melissa said...

Yes, the big, large bars 4.4oz are 2/$2.00. They ring up $1.00 each.

Earthy Mama said...

awesome. I have to go to the other Rite Aid today (my favorite one only had one pack of paper towels!) to see if they have the scott in stock so I'll use those for fillers. sweet! Thanks!