Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Walgreens


Thee Kleenex are $1.89 regular price and I used a $1/1 MQ (regional), and then the In-ad IVC took off $3.50, so gave me $0.77 overage on (7) boxes.
Apparently the Get $2.00 RR wyb (7) Kleenex is over, because I didn't get one.

In the 1/30 P&G insert there is a coupon for $1.00 off any Vicks product. Walgreens (and maybe other retailers) has these boxes of Vicks Cough drops for .99, or 2/$1.79.
I had (10) coupons, but at 2/$1.79, 10 boxes would only cost $8.95, so the last two coupons would holler. Buying one more box at .99 is still only $9.94.
If I was shopping at an agreeable Wags, I could tell the cashier she needed to enter the coupons at .99, or enter the last one for .94...but where I was shopping, if I tried to tell them to alter a coupon in anyway...well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. They would probably call the popo or something. Fah-reeks.
Anyway, I bought (12) at $10.74, figuring I'd pay a little so the coupons wouldn't beep.

These were found on the candy aisle, on a shelf up above the multi-packaged gum. Silly me, I was looking in the section where they keep the Hall's and Chapstick and such.
If you have these coupons, they expire in like 6 more days, 2/28.

As I was looking for the cough drops I saw the sign and was reminded about the montly deal Buy $20 worth Vicks and get $10.00 RR.  Nyquil and Dayquil were on sale for $4.99 each, and I had $1.50 coupons, so I figured I'd spend $7.72, and get back a $10.00 RR.
Nope.
Apparently Vicks Cough & Cold is an item, not an overall inclusion.
She tried ringing up $20+ of only the Nyquil and Dayquil and they didn't work either.
Suppose I better research this deal better before I try it again with the new $4 Sinex coupons coming in this weekends insert.
They offered to give me a refund, but I said, Nahhhh. Whatever. I guess I should have returned the Nyquil and Dayquil anyway, but oh well.

They had plenty of Dove deo in stock; Wow. Not the first one to be found at RA last week. I was able to get all (8) I was looking for (Four, two and two). 
They were $2.99 regular price; I used $2.00 MQ from 1/30 RP, and then gave the in-ad IVC took off $4.00 on the first order, so $0.04 overage. Wasn't really looking for overage, just free, but didn't want my Q's to beep.

Got the RePhresh Tampons because I was under the amount I needed to be able to spend a $10.00 RR. They were $5.99, get $5.00 RR. Using the $1.00 IP q made it FARR.

Adding a box of those took me over the $10 RR and I was able to use a $2.00 RR, and get a couple cheap fillers, and my oop was only $0.64.
Literally, because this store doesn't charge tax. At all. I don't know how or why, but that's the main reason I shop there when I can despite how disagreeable they can be at times.

They had jellied cranberry sauce on clearance for .37 each. The exp. date wasn't until Aug.2012 so we'll eat these up come T'giving and Christmas...if they last that long. My youngest son loves it and will eat it anytime.

Trans #1:
$12.00 RRs Used
$.64 + .00 tax = $.64 oop
$5.00 RRs Rec'd
Final Total $7.64 cost
Total savings $52.74

The next two transactions were the same; I wanted to get a couple Neuragen mm's and free Dove (I split it up so it didn't actually look like I was buying (8) of them at once). Instead of finding something that cost me $1.01, I got another box of the tampons and used a $4.00 RR with the $6.00 RR, so I spent $10 RR, and got $15 RR back.

Trans #2 & #3 combined:
$20.00 RRs Used
$1.40 + .00 tax = $1.40 oop
$30.00 RRs Rec'd
Final Total $8.60 Profit
Total savings $90.48

Final Total: $.96 profit
(Somehow that just don't seem right)

No comments: