Sunday, August 1, 2010

Walgreens

Johnny drove me shopping today; I usually don't like someone to go with me because, one, I feel like if things are going to go wrong, it's going to be when someone else is with me, and two, when things do go wrong, I tend to take my temper out on whoever is my range. And I like to take my time, but I always feel rushed when someone is waiting on me.
But if I tell him I don't want him to go, he gets his feelings hurt and gets his rear up on his shoulders. Men's feelings are so sensitive and delicate.

Anyway, the first CVS shop went well, quick, but I pretty much had a plan when I went in, and amazingly the plan worked out.
But I didn't have a plan for Walgreens, had no idea what would be in stock or not, and knew I had a bunch of $3.00 and $3.50 RRs to try to roll on $10.00, $7.99, and $1.00 items. So I warned him before I went in that I may be awhile...I even almost sent him across the street for biscuits at Bojangles. Figured it would take me forever to even figure out how to buy everything, and lord only knew how many transactions it would take.

Somehow I went in there and found everything I needed - Vitamins, Complete, and Crayons - and the total, after my $1.00 Alive and $1.00 Complete coupons came up to $16.99. I had $33.00 worth of RRs, so two groups of $16.50. Don't think I could have gotten it any closer without going over than that.

Of course I had (7) RRs and only (3) items, so I grabbed 4 packs of the pencils at .09 each.

I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes. WoW!

Transaction 1 & 2:
$10.00 Alive Vitamins
$ 7.99 Complete Solution
$ 1.00 Crayolies
$ .09 Pencils x 4
= $19.35

-1.00 Alive IP
-1.00 Complete Peelie
-16.50 RRs

Total $0.85 + 1.35 tax = $2.20 OOP

Rec'd $10.00 Alive, $8.00 Complete, $1.00 Crayons

Final Total $0.30 Profit ($0.60 total)

Not the best shop, but not the worst by far. Good news is I got all those RRs expiring today rolled. Bad news is now I have $10.00, $8.00, and $1.00 RRs to try to roll later. I hope next week or the next they have some lower cost RR deals.

No comments: