Sunday, August 29, 2010

Walgreens

Walgreens has several Free after RR deals this week, and even one money-maker.
For some reason I only got the 4/11 SS, and no RP, so I didn't have any Breathe Right coupons to make it a mm for me.
But, I had (2) $4.00 and (2) $2.00 RR's to roll, so I got the $4.00 Breathe Rights, and $2.00 Carmex.
Otherwise I didn't bother with the rest of the stuff because I didn't need any of it, didn't want to spend cash oop, and didn't want to pay tax on it.

Although it's now dawning on me that buying a FARR item was probably better than spending even a little bit on cheap filler items. I had thought about buying the 5/$1 (.20 each) Folders, but then decided to spend a little more and get the single-serve cereal bowls at .59 w/ in-ad coupon, because we will eat those, whereas I would only have given the folders away.

As it turned out, I only looked at the picture of the coupon and thought it was all the single-serve cereals, so I got Fruity Pebbles (Post), but the coupon was only for Kellogg's and General Mills *sigh*.
I didn't remember to get her to scan the in-ad coupon on the first order and paid too much. I realized it while she was ringing the second order, and gave it to her last (she'd already scanned my coupons and RRs), so when it *beeped* and she said oh, wrong cereal, I told her to just take them off, and then at that point I didn't need fillers anymore.
Then I went and got a refund for the cereals I had paid too much for.

Also got a couple of the bags of Purina One dog/cat food, priced $1.99, used $2.00 mq, one of them marked down. The first coupon scanned, the 2nd one beeped. I said she might have to enter it as $1.99; she said they couldn't enter the amount of a coupon for anything other than the amount it was, and they couldn't take it all if it didn't scan at the register.
When her manager told her she could enter the coupon as $1.99, she gave me the whole "They just recently changed the policy" spiel. Ugh, that kills me!

$4.00 Breathe Right
$2.00 Carmex
$1.99 Dog food
$1.99 cat food
(0.59 cereal filler x 2)(removed)
-2.00 Purina One mq
-1.99 Purina One mq (adjusted)
-4.00 RR
-2.00 RR
= -.01 + .70 tax = .69 oop

Other deals I didn't get:
4 RR WYB Breathe Right Strips 10 pk $4 ea
-$1.50 off Breathe Right Product, 10-12ct, RP 4/11
(makes it FREE plus overage)

$1.99 RR WYB Walgreens Perfection Tampons 8 pk $1.99 ea
(makes it FREE)

$10 RR WYB Irwin Naturals Healthy Skin & Hair plus Nails Supplements 60 ct $10(makes it FREE )

$2 RR WYB Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm .07 or .075 oz $2 ea
(makes it FREE)

$1 RR WYB Listerine Total Care, Advanced or Zero Mouthwash 500 ml $2.99 ea
-$2 off Listerine Zero, 500 mL + printable
(makes it FREE)

$2 RR WYB Colgate Total Advanced or Enamel Strength Toothpaste 4 oz or MaxFresh or MaxWhite Toothbrush $2.99 ea
-.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste SS 8/29, September All You Magazine and printable
-.40/1 Colgate Adult or Kids Manual Toothbrush, SS 8/29
-.75/1 Colgate Adult or Children’s Toothbrush July All You Magazine (exp 8/31)
-.75/1 Colgate Max White printable
(Makes toothpaste .24)

Tylenol Precise Pain Cream 2.5 oz or HePatches 3-4 pk $5 off w/in-ad coupon
-$2 off Tylenol Precise printable
(Makes it .99)

Zegerid Capsules 14 count $10 = $10 Mail-in rebate which prints at the register
Use the $4/1 coupon from the All You Magazine August issue
(there is also a $3/1 coupon from the 8/15 SS)
Final Cost FREE + $4 moneymaker!

No comments: