Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rite Aid

I stopped in one of the Rite Aid's I had trouble at last week because of overage, but I didn't have any overage this week so didn't figure I had anything to piss them off about.

Until my Crest +UP didn't print. Mr. Completely Unhelpful would only say he didn't know, they don't control those coupons. He wouldn't even look at the paper to verify that I had got right thing, offer any ideas, nothing but "I don't know, we can't do anything". I finally told him to call his Manager up there. Gahh.
We tried to do a return/exchange and I got a different flavor (and I was trying to see if maybe the coupon was causing a conflict), but still no +UP reward. So she started jerking around and pushing buttons and opened the register and got me out $2.00 and said she wasn't going to play with it.
Then she told the boy she had to fix his register by two dollars, and marched off out the front doors to smoke a cigarette.

Soooo sorry I put these people out so much! Geez, it's not like they get paid to do a job or anything?

Transaction #1:
$2.49 Crest w/ Scope
$3.50 Pantene x 2
$4.99 Remote
$5.99 No Doz

-$5/$20
-0.75 Crest 6/27 RP
-2.00 Pantene x 2 6/27 Parade (I think?)

-10.00 +UP (JF)
=$0.72 + 1.08 tax = $1.80

Rec'd $2.00 +UP Pantene, $2.00 CASH Crest (+UP didn't print)
SCR $4.99 Remote, $5.00 No Doz

Final Total after +UP & SCR: +$2.19 Profit

Transaction #2: (Same store)
$1.50 M-O-M Cereal x 2
$3.50 Pantene x 2
$9.99 Gillette Proglide
$2.49 OralB TB
$ .50 Candybar x 2 (went into the negative before tax, but the hateful ass made me buy stuff until it went back up so my coupons wouldn't pay for any of the tax. Big.Fat.Stupid.Hateful.Unhelpful.Jerk.)

-$5/$20 (Surprised he let me use another one of these)
-2.00 Pantene x 2 6/27 Parade
-4.00 Gillette Fusion 6/06 P&G
-0.75 OralB 6/27 RP
-0.75 Malt-O-Meal IP q x 2

-8.00 +UP
Total $.23 + 1.13 tax = $1.36

Rec'd $1.00 Cereal, $2.00 Pantene, $2.00 OralB, $5.00 Gillette
Final Total = $0.64 Cost

I went a different Rite Aid next - the good one - to do my last three transactions, but I only did one at first to see if the Crest +UP was going to print here. It didn't.
The manager took my info and is having to call Corp. and ask what's happening. So hopefully I'll be able to go back one day next week and get my $2+UP owed me. Or take the toothpaste back and get a refund, one.

Transaction #3:
$3.50 Pantene x 2
$9.99 Gillette Proglide
$2.49 Crest w/ Scope
$0.75 Loafa Bread x 3 (Love it when I get there in time to get the clearance bread)

-$5/$20
-4.00 Gillette Fusion 6/06 P&G
-2.00 Pantene x 2 6/27 Parade
-0.75 Crest 6/27 RP

-$8.00 +UP
Total -.02 + .92 tax = $0.90

Rec'd $2.00 Pantene, $5.00 Gillette (& supposed to be $2.00 Crest)
Final Total = +.10 Profit (when I get the $2.00 Crest +UP)

4 comments:

csavings said...

A few weeks back I didn"t receive two 1+ ups and I called corp. and within 3 minutes on the phone he sent them to me in the mail, a 3 coupon instead of just the 2 dollars owed. I was very impressed with how nice and quick it was to solve the problem.
Also I am bummed the register would only allow me to use one 5/20. The second time I tried to use it the computer spit out an already used coupon verbage. Now I need to use the 5/25, I have read that using the 5/20 unlimited might change but wow already!!!!

Melissa said...

Christa, did you use one of the new Video Values coupons with the longer RC number? Several of the new July Vv coupons came out with longer barcode numbers that are one-time use.

csavings said...

I guess I must have had a new one. Yes it was a July 5/20 thankfully I read briefly on a board about changes to come but wow not sure if riteaid will be as fun using a 5/25. Hopefully all will workout.

Melissa said...

I think we'll be okay with the $5/$25, we had to use that one a long time before the $5/$20 video values came along anyway.

What's going to hurt is the one-time use of the video values on the individual items.
I've been able to use two on BOGO sales, and I have used up to four of them in one transaction.
Now I can't use but one a month. Blah.