Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rite Aid

Good shopping day at two Rite Aids; made a mistake, but was able to get it corrected without any trouble (I got my cards mixed up and used the 10% of instead the 20% off that I'd wanted to. She was able to do something and take the one card off, then scan the other card and make it work without having to void and start over, so that was good.)

There was also a jerk-off of a Store Manager at the second store. He was on an isle putting up price stickers and saw me head to the register to checkout, so he came up there and asked the cashier had he had a chance to read the note he'd posted beside the register yet. Cashier said no, he hadn't time yet. SM tells him now might be a good time. Yes, with me standing there waiting to check out.  He tells me, Sorry but he has to check something.
Of course I knew what it was, the email about the so-called fradulent $5/$25 coupon.
Hey, SM, here's an idea - how about, instead of indicating that I'm a thief and a fraud, you wait and see if the coupon I'm using beeps and a message pops up saying it's no good first??

Oh well. The cashier gentleman was very nice and polite and chatty, so he made up for the hatefulness.

At Rite Aid #1, I found (3) of the Oral-B Vitality Toothbrushes for half off, and had a $10.00 MQ from one of the P&G's.
I bought two of them together and two Butterfinger Bars, but they still busted me on the total only coming up to $24.98. Are you kidding me?? She said "it" would kick out the $5/$25 coupon. (No it won't) Whatever, I got two more Butterfingers. They were free after my $1/2 tearpad coupon anyway.

Crazy thing was, I didn't totally complete my figuring to realize that I was buying $25.98 worth of stuff, and using $27.00 worth of coupons, so would need another $1.02 worth of something for my balance to not go into the negative. I said, oh no, I think I'm going to have to buy something else, and she was like, no, let's see if it works, and it did, and went $1.02 in the negative, paying for most of the tax. She makes me spend .02 for the $5/$25, but then allowed more coupons than I'd spent. Ohhhhkay.

-1.02 + 1.39 tax = $.37 oop

The other Oral-B I wanted to find $15 more of something, but they had no Spam, no Alka Seltzer, no Bayer AM, no cosmetics, not enough Samy. So I just said to heck with it and added it to the Gillette deal.
The Gillette deal:
$6.39 (with 20% disc) x 4 Gillette Pro-Series Skincare
-3.00 x 4 Gillette Pro-Series Skin Care flu booklet q
-2.00 x 4 P&G insert
$3.59 (20% disc) x 2 Gillette Fusion Shave Gel
-1.00 Gillette Fusion Shave Gel P&G insert
$11.99 Oral-B Vitality
-10.00 ?insert?
-$5/$25 RA IP
-6.00 +UPs

$.73 = $3.13 tax = $3.86 oop
Rec'd $10.00 +UP Gillette wyb $30
Final Total $0.14 profit

Then I did another candy deal. This time I got the right items and amount to earn the bonus $3.00 +UP (wyb $10 Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers):
$1.00 x 10 Skittles and Lifesavers
$1.50 x 3 Trident
$1.59 x 7 Kind Size Candy bars BOGO
-2.00/3 Trident, etc ?insert?
-0.99 x 7 BOGO candy bars
-$5/$25
-11.00 +UPs

$0.70 + .77 tax = $1.47 oop
Rec'd $10.00 +UP wyb $25 candy, $3.00 +UP wyb $10 Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers
Final Total $0.53 profit 

At the next store I did another candy deal; they didn't have any gum, so I just bought more BOGO candy bars.
Used $10.00 +UP
$.95 + .78 tax = $1.73 oop
Rec'd $10.00 +UP wyb $25 candy, $3.00 +UP wyb $10 Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers
Final Total $1.27 profit

And another Gillette deal:
Used $2.00 +UP
-0.05 + 2.24 tax = $2.19 oop
Rec'd $10.00 +UP wyb $30
Final Total $5.81 profit

And I did another NYC deal. It was a close one; there was only 12 of the $1.99 nail polish in the rack! I'd read to check the clearance racks/shelves for it, so I did, and managed to find one bottle. I wasn't sure how that would work out, but luckily it rang up regular price. He was going to modify it to .99 and I was like, no, no, don't do that!
Used $20.00 +UPs
$.87 + 1.46 tax = $2.33 oop
Rec'd $1.00 +UPs x 26
Final Total $3.67 profit

Grand Total for the day: $11.05 profit

No comments: