Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dollar General


Where it went wrong.

I'd heard or seen somewhere I can't now remember that Dollar General had some coupons available this month, and that one of them was a MQ for Neosporin.

I felt weird going into the store for coupons and nothing else...the place was empty and dead so it wasn't like I wouldn't have been noticed...so I figured I'd buy a pack of gum and be like "Oh, coupons" on the way out the door.

So I went in and, they didn't have a pack of my kind of gum, so I had to get a 4-pack, anyway got my gum and went to the register. And no one was there, or even apparently anywhere near. I stood there and stood there. Someone else came in the store and came to the register (she just wanted to use the phone) and still nobody.

I don't know why I didn't just leave the gum and go, grabbing the coupons on the way out since they were right by the door.
But I waited, and wasted $1.03 on gum. I'll chew it, and will make the dollar back the next Neo deal I do at Wags, but still.

Anyway, not only does the sheet have the $1.00 Neosporin coupon, but also a $1.00 off Any 1 Johnson's Baby Product, and no Size Exclusions. (Think free Trial size baby shampoo and powder at Walmart and Target.)
Also there's a $1.00 off Any 1 Carefree Product, which makes for free Pantyliners at many stores.

The coupon does have Dollar General printed on the front, but on the back it reads "Redeem at Food, Drug, or Discount stores accepting coupons." So Walgreens, Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid - none of them have a leg to stand on if they argue these MQs.

Other Manufacturer Coupons are:
$1/1 Tylenol Rapid Release Gels, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol 8 Hr. (24 ct. or larger)
$1/1 Tylenol PM or Tylenol PM Caplets (20 ct. or larger)
$1/1 Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Severe Caplets (20 ct. or larger) or Tylenol Severe Cold Multi-Symptom Liquid (8 fl. oz)
$1/1 Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Severe Daytime Caplets or Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Day & Night Caplets (20 ct. or larger)
$1/1 Sudafed PE Severe Cold or Sudafed PE Nasal Decongestant (12 ct. or larger)
$1/1 Children's Tylenol, Children's Tylenol Plus Multi-Symptom COld, or Children's Motrin
$1/1 Motrin (24 ct. or larger)
$1/1 Pepcid, AC, Mylanta, Imodium Multi-Symptom, or Rolaids (except Rolaids 3 ct. roll pack)
$1/1 Stayfree Product
$1/1 Carefree Product
$1/1 Band-Aid Tough Strips, Band-Aid Flexible Fabric, or Neosporin Antibiotic Cream
$1/1 Listerine Antiseptic or Listerine Total Care Anticavity Mouthwash (500 mL. or larger)
$1/1 Visine Product
$1/1 Johnson's Baby Product
$1/1 Neutrogena Product
$.50 Eight O'clock Coffee

There are also about 14 Dollar General Store Coupons. None of the stores I visit consider DG a competitor so they're no good to me, but if anyone needs me to list them out let me know.

All expire 1/30.

No comments: